New Age wine from Argentina is the new wine sweeping the patios this season and it is flying off the shelves just as fast as we can restock it. Known for its light, smooth flavor, New Age is sure to become a favorite of yours!
This drink became a very popular drink in clubs and bars in Buenos Aires and is now catching on in the United States.
The most popular way to enjoy New Age is on the rocks with a slice of lime. This refreshing drink is called “Tincho” after the drinks creator, Valentin Eduardo Bianchi. He was given the nickname “Tincho” as a boy, a term of affection that, loosely translated, means “young Valentin” (as his grandfather was “older Valentin”). It was “Tincho” that first added the lime to the New Age White.
Quintessential describes the New Age white as “ a light yellow-green colored wine, with fruity and floral aromas of great intensity. Balanced acidity leads to soft, semi-sweet and slightly effervescent flavors and mouth feel. It is an extremely refreshing, vivacious and sensual wine.”
Here are a few recipes to enjoy!
Pour 4 oz of New Age white over ice and add a lime wedge.
4 oz Tincho White Wine
1 oz citrus vodka
Lemon twist. Serve over rocks.
New Age Sangria
5 oz New Age wine over rocks
Add Strawberries, blueberries, peaches, and any other fruit you love.
Enjoy New Age Sangria with this fabulous salmon recipe from The Meat House. The crisp sweetness of the wine will balance out the chili in the sauce. Enjoy!
4 – 6 oz salmon fillets
Mustard Chili Sauce:
1 cup coarse mustard
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tb chili powder
2 tb cold tap water
salt/pepper to taste
1. Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan, heat to dissolve sugar and set aside to cool.
2. While sauce is cooling, heat cleaned grill to medium high heat and carefully oil grates(lightly).
3. Season salmon fillet with salt and pepper and place on grill skin side up. Grill for 2 minutes ensuring fillet will not stick when turning over.
4. Give fillet a quarter turn and continue to grill for 2 minutes. Turn fillet over and continue to grill for 2-3 minutes.
5. Plate the salmon fillets, top with the mustard chili sauce and enjoy!